Take your yarncrafting skills and bring them together! In this episode, Liz and Zontee share some patterns that use both knit and crochet in one garment, as well as the reasons that knitters can benefit from learning some crochet and vice versa. Discover how just a few skills in a different yarncraft can expand your abilities!
We also talk to author Monette Satterfield, whose book Knit & Crochet Combined: Best of Both Worlds and website are good resources for putting these two crafts together. Another book we talk about is Knitting Loves Crochet by Candi Jensen.
Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life – Liz and Zontee share 5 picks for spring projects:
1. Bags – Market Bag & Eco-Friendly Expandable Shopping Bag
2. Washcloths & Dishcloths – Bauhaus Washcloths & Basic Dishcloths
3. Cropped Sweaters & Boleros – Cropped Raglan Sweater & Four Seasons Bolero
4. Kids’ Vests & Tops – Cable Vest, Naturally Classic Vest, Sporty Stripe Top, and Crochet Child’s Top
5. Socks – Whitby Lace Sock & Toe-less Pedicure Sock from the Lion Brand Just Socks book
For more wonderful, spring projects (or fall projects for our friends in the southern hemisphere), visit our Pattern Finder.
To share your comments and thoughts, post a message on the blog, email to yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! We’ll be answering YOUR questions in the next episode, so ask us anything that you’ve been wanting to know about! You may be included in our next episode!