In this episode, Liz and Zontee share their interviews from the Maker Faire, which took place on May 3rd and 4th in the Bay Area in California, an incredible event with makers and crafters of all sorts of things, from robots to clothing.
Join us as we talk with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Natalie Zee Drieu and Becky Stern of Craft Magazine, Kathy Murillo–the Crafty Chica, Corey Fogel–the knitting drummer, Kelley Dean Crowley, and knitters and crocheters taking classes at our booth.
Patterns mentioned by Liz & Zontee include:
- Amigurumi animals (featured at the Maker Faire)
- Frosted doughnut (featured at the Maker Faire)
- Amigurumi pigs
- Trail of Blossoms scarf
Get more behind-the-scenes stories from the Maker Faire at the Lion Brand Notebook.
Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life – Liz and Zontee share recommendations for Father’s Day gifts:
- Accessories – Knit Necktie
- Slippers – Loom-Knit Cabin Slippers
- Socks – Cottage Slipper Socks & Men’s Striped Socks
- Cardigans & Vests – Forever Classic Heirloom Cardigan & Fisherman Crochet Aran Vest
- Pullovers – Family of Hooded Sweaters; Custom Classic Pullover; Circular Motion Sweater
Tell us what kind of projects are you making/have you made for the father in your life?
To share your comments and thoughts, post a message on the blog, email to yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com!
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:09 Intro and welcome
02:04 What’s on Liz & Zontee’s hooks & needles?
04:49 Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
07:46 Crocheters at the Learn to Crochet Class
09:11 Corey Fogel
10:41 Kathy Murillo
13:13 Kelley Dean Crowley
15:25 Becky Stern
15:56 Natalie Zee Drieu
18:58 Geni, Liz, and Zontee wrap up
21:58 Stash This
28:08 Thanks to our guests