The holidays are almost upon us, so it’s time to get going on those last minute projects! In this episode, Liz and Zontee share their tips for quick crafting, including quick-working yarns like Wool-Ease Thick & Quick and Sasha, as well as plenty of fast finish gift ideas including striped scarves like the Town and Country Scarf. We’re also joined by Cat, host of the popular video podcast Let’s Knit2gether, who tells us about how she started podcasting and about her holiday experiences with handmade gifts.
Liz and Zontee also suggest thoughtful presents for fellow yarncrafters, including books like Vintage Styles for Today, a ball winder and yarn swift, the Needle Master and Crochet Hook Master, a great tote bag for your projects, and even making a personalized “crafting music mix.”
Patterns discussed include:
- Throws: 5 1/2 and 6 Hour Throws
- Baby blankets & pet blankets: Cascading Colors Baby Blankie & Dog Blankets
- Scarves: Crochet Ruffle Scarf, One Ball Scarf, 2 Hour Scarves
- Bags & Purses: Market Bags & Shimmer-by-Night Bag
- Prayer Shawls
- Stuffed animals: Amigurumi Penguin, Amigurumi Snowman, Amigurumi Holiday Penguin, Amigurumi Gingerbread Person
- Hats: Family of Beanies, Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Crochet and Knit Hat
- Gloves & Mittens: Crochet Driving Gloves, Easy Knit Mittens
- Socks: Cottage Slipper Socks
- Dishcloths & Washcloths
Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life–Liz and Zontee share ideas for relaxing while crafting. Find out more about some techniques to unwind from the stress of the upcoming holiday season. We’ve even included some calming music at the end of the show to help you de-stress. Music is “Winter Wildflowers” by Jack Erdie, from the Podsafe Music Network.
To share your comments and thoughts, post a message on the blog, email to yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! Our next episode will be about New Year’s resolutions, new skills, and new ways of meeting yarncrafters. Do you have a yarncrafting resolution? Tell us about it, and you may be included in our next show!
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:12 Intro and welcome
01:45 What’s on Liz & Zontee’s hooks & needles?
04:42 Last minute gifts
14:48 Interview with Cat, of Let’s Knit2Gether
22:33 Gift ideas for yarncrafters
26:48 Stash This
33:37 Thanks to our guests