On today’s episode, Liz & Zontee talk about quick winter accessories, that will have you feeling cozy in no time. (Pictured left: Knit Nordic Gloves)
We hear from listeners like you about YOUR yarncrafting goals for 2010, and Liz & Zontee also answer customer questions: What yarns felt? How do you pull from the center of the ball? Find out all of this and more on YarnCraft!
Patterns discussed include:
- Crochet Apple Pie Hat
- Knit Striking Hat & Scarf
- Crochet Ripple Scarf
- Knit Cedars Spring Cowl
- Easy-Knit Mittens & Crochet Family of Mittens
- Knit Atelier Gloves
- Learn to Knit Cuffs
- Knit Roll-Down Wristers
- Knit Starboard Socks
- Cozy Crochet Socks
- Knit Soft Rib Cardigan
- Crochet Cozy Chic Jacket
- Crochet Cafe Coat
- Knit Elizabeth Wrap Cardigan
- Crochet Whiter Shade of Pale Car Coat
- Knit Early to Bed Hot Water Bottle Cozy
Stash This — Ideas for Your Crafting Life: Want a way to visualize your patterns and colorwork? Find out all about charts with Liz & Zontee, who share tips for reading charts, making your own, and more.
Examples of charts include:
- Cables: Knit Baby Tree of Life Afghan
- Lace: Diagonal Lace Scarf on the Lion Brand Notebook
- Crochet: Crochet Tree of Life Afghan & Clover Leaf Motif
- Colorwork (knitting): Magic Carpet Throw
- Colorwork (crochet): Skull Candy Bag
We’ll be talking about great projects for Valentine’s Day on our next episode, so share your suggestions and tell us about what you’re making for your friends and loved ones. Post a message on the blog or email us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276.
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:11 Intro & welcome
01:27 What’s on Liz & Zontee’s hooks & needles
12:00 Winter Accessories
23:40 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
35:12 Thanks to our listeners