Knitting, crocheting, and yarncrafts are a great way to connect to others, and on today’s episode we’re taking that concept to the next level and helping you to organize your own yarncrafting get-togethers, whether informal or formal. Liz & Zontee share tips on starting your own knitting, crochet, or yarncrafting group.We also hear from you, our listeners, about the yarncrafting groups you belong to and why you enjoy them.
Already a part of a group? Get tips on how to promote your group and attract new members!
Looking for a club in your area? OR want to list the club you belong to? Click here for the Lion Brand Club Finder.
On today’s Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life, we talk about gifts for your grad! Whether they’re graduating 5th grade or college, we have ideas for celebrating this big milestone with that special someone.
Patterns discussed include:
- Crochet Amigurumi Graduation Bear
- Crochet Amigurumi Graduation Bookworm
- Crochet Amigurumi Graduation Owl
- Knit Flagg Court Afghan (School Colors Afghan)
- Crochet Blazing Ripple Afghan (School Colors Afghan)
- Knit Green Living Tote (Market Bag)
- Crochet Fresh Produce (Market Bag)
- Crafted Pom-Pom Rug
- Grass Rug (both knit & crochet)
- Potholders (both knit & crochet)
- Washcloths (both knit & crochet)
- Dishcloths (both knit & crochet)
Join us in two weeks when we talk about teaching others knitting & crochet skills, whether that’s sharing a new technique with your guild or yarncrafting group OR teaching kids at a local enrichment program. Do you have tips on teaching others? Share your thoughts with us! Post a message on the blog or email us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276. We may include you in the next episode!
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:11 Intro & welcome
01:11 Your Questions & Comments
09:02 How to Start & Promote Your Own Knitting & Crochet Group
24:36 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
31:12 Thanks to our listeners and guests