In today’s episode, Liz & Zontee highlight some of the most popular must-have gifts for yarncrafters. Find out what to get your yarny friends this season OR the items on this list with your friends and family so that they know what to get you!
With all of the great products we talk about on today’s episode, it’s “Link City” here in the episode guide! Click any of the highlighted text to see more about any of the items discussed on today’s episode. In addition to the items mentioned below, we encourage you to explore the handmade world with online artisan marketplaces like Artfire.com and Etsy.com!
Patterns mentioned include:
Books discussed include:
- Knitwear Design Workshop by Shirley Paden
- The Knitter’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd
- Knitting from the Top Down by Barbara Walker
- Modern Top-Down Knitting by Kristina McGowan
- Power Cables by Lily Chin
- Knit. Sock. Love. by Cookie A.
- Sock Yarn: One Skein Wonders by Judith Durant
- See the “Stash This” notes below for more book recommendations from our staff
Products discussed, from LionBrand.com (now offering FREE shipping on domestic orders over $45), include:
- Swift & Ball Winder (click here for the combined set)
- Ergonomic Crochet Hook Set
- Crochet Hook Master Set
- Needlemaster Set
- Lily Combo Case by DellaQ
- Eucalan Fiber Wash
Other product recommendations included interchangeable needle and hook sets from companies like Denise, Hiya Hiya, and Addi/Skacel; fiber wash from Unicorn; project bags from Walker, Nantucket Baggs, and Mind Your Knitting; and charting software from Intwined Pattern Studio.
Today’s Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life features staffers at our New York City Design Center sharing their wishlists for the holiday season. Items discussed include pom-pom pins, Knit Kits, blocking boards, Knitting Block by Block by Nicky Epstein, LB Collection Superwash Merino, project bags from Namaste, and Lily Chin’s Knitting Tips & Tricks and Crochet Tips & Tricks. Also discussed was Studio Associate Grace’s Minimalist Mohair Top in LB Collection Silk Mohair.