This week on YarnCraft, Liz & Zontee walk you through the classic technique of cables. Whether it’s a preppy sweater or a classic afghan, cables add a lot to your project. While traditionally cables are part of the knitted realm of techniques, front post and back post stitches allow crocheters to achieve the look of cables. For both knitters and crocheters, we share 10 tips that will help you create cables that will really pop.
Patterns discussed include:
- Knit Tree of Life Afghan
- Crochet Tree of Life Afghan
- Knit Baby Tree of Life Throw
- Knit Learn to Cable Scarf
- Knit Harbor Scarf
- Knit Cable Vision Poncho
- Crochet Cable Lace Scarf and Bag
- Crochet Twilight Hat (free on Ravelry.com)
- Crochet Diamond Ridges Hat (free on Ravelry.com)
We also share an interview with cable maven Lily Chin, recorded in front of a live audience at Vogue Knitting Live, in NYC this past January. She talks about her latest book, buy viagra without prescription, as well as sharing tips on her Tips & Tricks books, discussed on cheap viagra online. If you’re in the NYC area, you can take classes with Lily at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio later this fall.
Then on Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life, Liz & Zontee talk about unusual tools that you might find useful in your yarncrafting life.
Resources discussed include:
- Knitter’s Block from Coco Knits
- Yarn bags from Walker Bags
- Pattern wallets from Slipped Stitch Studios
- Needle/hook organizer on LionBrand.com
- Organizer bags from Nantucket Baggs (look for these on LionBrand.com later this spring)
- Sweater Stone on LionBrand.com
Join us again in two weeks, when we talk about why we’re yarncrafters and share the stories of that journey. We’re joined by author and Lion Brand’s Weekly Stitch contributor Michelle Edwards and sock designer Judy Sumner. As always, we want to hear from you — what you’re working on, your questions, and your comments. Post a message on the blog or email us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in and leave a message at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276.
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:12 Intro & welcome
01:17 What’s on Liz & Zontee’s hooks & needles/listener questions
07:44 10 tips on knit & crochet cables
22:23 Interview with Lily Chin
30:06 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
40:43 Thanks to our listeners and guests