Patterns discussed include:
- Knit Wide Rib Cardigan
- Knit Side to Side Baby Cardigan
- Knit & Crochet Raglan Sweaters & Tops
- Knit Top Down Pullover
- Knit Round Yoke Baby Sweater
- Knit Cable Luxe Tunic
- Knit Extra Easy, Extra Fabulous Sweater
Books discussed include:
- Barbara Walker’s Knitting from the Top
- Ann Budd’s The Knitter’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
- Knits That Fit from Potter Craft
- Lisa Shroyer’s Knitting Plus
- Best of Interweave Crochet, edited by Marcy Smith
- Kareny Whooley’s Top Down Sweaters to Crochet
Then Zontee interviews the Crochet Dude, Drew Emborsky, who gets us thinking about charity crocheting and knitting.
Next, on Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life, Liz & Zontee talk about ways to use stitch dictionaries and share an interview with designer Robyn Chachula, whose new book is Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia.
Robyn & her publisher are giving away a copy of the book to ONE lucky YarnCraft listener. For a chance to win, just leave a comment on this blog post about why you like stitch dictionaries and how you use them. Be sure to include your email address in the appropriate box, so that we can reach you if you win! Comments must be left by 11:59:59 EDT on November 1 to qualify.
Join us again in two weeks, when we talk about quick gift ideas. What are your favorite gift ideas and patterns? Let us know! Leave a message on the blog or email us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in and leave a message at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276.
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:12 Intro & welcome
01:25 What’s on Liz & Zontee’s Hooks & Needles
04:37 Common Sweater Types & Terminology
22:50 Interview with Drew Emborsky
29:09 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
30:31 Interview with Robyn Chachula
42:07 Thanks to our listeners and guests