On this episode of YarnCraft, we get in the mood for formal events, whether that’s galas, weddings, or proms, we have some wonderful project ideas for you! Find out which yarns and fibers are best for day and evening events.
We also share a listener call; Emily shares her suggestion of the Dragonfly Shawl from Kristin Omdahl’s book, Crochet So Fine, as a great option for weddings.
Patterns discussed include:
- Crochet Shimmer Mesh Shawl and Bag
- Crochet Moon Water Clutch
- Crochet Evening Glitter Clutch
- Crochet Bridesmaid Purse or Knit Twilight Clutch
- Knit Shimmer-By-Night Bag
- Crochet New Year’s Purse
- Crochet South Bay Shawlette or Knit Savannah Wrap
- Crochet Mother of the Bride Shawl
- Crochet Modern Lace Shawl or Knit Eyelet Shawl
- Crochet Bridal Shawl or Knit Splendid Triangle Shawl
- Crochet Evening Allure Cape
- Irish Crochet Shawl or Knit Shimmery Shawl
- Crochet Emily Shawl or Knit Sweetheart Shawl
- Crochet Opera Sleeves
- Crochet Cinderella Wristers
- Stocking and dress patterns and ideas can be found on Ravelry.com
Then on Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life, Liz & Zontee share some recommendations for their favorite garment pattern books, going beyond just pullovers and cardigans into dresses, skirts, jackets, and tops.
Books discussed include:
- The Best of Interweave Crochet
- The Best of Knitscene
- Simply Crochet by Robyn Chachula
- Textured Stitches by Connie Chang Chincchio
- Custom Crocheted Sweaters by Dora Ohrenstein
- Crochet It. Love It. Wear It. by Drew Emborsky (the Crochet Dude)
- Knits That Fit
- Knitwear Design Workshop by Shirley Paden
- Modern Top-Down Knitting by Kristina McGowan
- Couture Crochet Workshop by Lily Chin
- Austentacious Crochet by Melissa Horozewski
Our next episode will be focused on Father’s Day gifts and celebrations. What do you love to make for the main man in your life? Have you knit or crocheted something for him? Tell us about it! Leave a message on the blog or email us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in and leave a message at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276.
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:12 Intro & welcome
01:20 What’s on Liz & Zontee’s hooks & needles?
07:15 Listener Emily calls in
09:18 Projects for weddings, proms & formals
20:34 Congratulations to our giveaway winner
24:33 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
31:15 Thanks to our listeners