Are you looking for fun ways to jazz up your projects? Consider colorwork! Just by adding sections of various colors (through color blocks, stripes, intarsia, Fair Isle, slip-stitch, and more), you can turn even simple stitches into eye-catching designs. Zontee and Michelle walk you through some of the clever ways that project construction can make colorwork even more interesting.
Patterns discussed include:
- Crochet Mod Granny Afghan
- Knit Slip Stitch Sampler Throw
- Crochet Zen Spiral Afghan
- Crochet Squares Afghan
- Crochet Intarsia Brocade Throw
- Knit Intarsia Polka Dot Scarf
- Knit Child’s Dog Motif Sweater
- Knit Fair Isle Hat
- Knit Colorful Fair Isle Throw
- Knit Entrelac Beret
- Knit Directional Colors Scarf
- Crochet Mitered Diamonds Throw
- Knit Mitered Squares Afghan
- Crochet Candy Color Afghan
Then on Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life, Zontee and Michelle share their favorite quick-to-knit-and-crochet Halloween projects. Click here to see all of the Halloween-related patterns available on LionBrand.com.
In two weeks, join us for our next episode, when talk about crafting HORROR stories. Share yours for a chance to get a treat from Zontee and Michelle! Share by leaving a message on the blog or emailing us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in and leave a message at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276.
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:09 Intro & welcome
01:05 What’s on Zontee & Michelle’s hooks & needles
05:48 Colorwork techniques we love
16:37 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
22:49 Thanks to our guests & listeners