Need last-minute gift ideas? We’ve got them! Zontee and Michelle share their top 15 gift ideas for colleagues, friends, last-minute guests, and more on this episode of YarnCraft.
Patterns discussed include:
- Cozies: crochet cup cozies, knit cup cozy tutorial
- Hats: Crochet Brimmed Cap
- Toys: knit & crochet amigurumi, knit & crochet ornaments
- Cowls: Knit Maxi Stockinette Cowl, Crochet 45 Minute Cowl, Knit Three Color Cowl
- Bags: Crochet Hexagon Market Bag, Knit Farmer’s Market Tote, Knit Branching Out Bag
- Fingerless mitts & mittens: Crochet Buttoned Wristers, Sparkling Crochet Wristers, Knit Fingerless Gloves, Knit Snow Bank Gauntlets
- Fashion accessories: Lace Crochet Necklace, Crafted Cascading Strands Necklace, Crafted Statement Strands Necklace
- Ear warmers/headbands: Crochet Ribbed Headband, Knit Seed Stitch Headband
- Kitchen items: Crochet Spiral Apple Tawashi, Crochet Daily Grind Dishtowel,
- Bath items: Braided Rug, Knit and Crochet Soap Bags, Knit Felted Soap Cozy
- Socks/footies: Knit Slipper Socks, Knit Adult Striped House Socks, Knit Stirrup Socks, Cozy Crochet Socks
- Baby items: Crochet Multicolor Ripple Baby Throw, Crochet Frosty Mittens, Easy-Knit Mittens
- Tech gear: Knit & crochet iPad covers, knit & crochet phone covers
- Gag gifts: Knit Gnome Door Stop (free on Ravelry.com), crochet beard soon to be available on LionBrand.com
- Hobby-related: Knit Felted Zen Yoga Tote, Crochet Hook Book, Knitting Needle Roll
Then on Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life, we wrap up our 2012 Year of Accomplishments. Get tips on getting organized and going through your stash, taking account of everything you’ve accomplished this year, and also keeping the stress at bay this holiday season!
In two weeks, join us for our next episode, when talk about pairing yarn textures and stitch patterns to great effect. Tell us what your favorite yarns and stitch patterns are. Share by leaving a message on the blog or emailing us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in and leave a message at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276.
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:12 Intro & welcome
01:06 What’s on Zontee & Michelle’s hooks & needles
07:20 Top 15 Gift Ideas
26:25 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
36:25 Thanks to our listeners