What kind of learner are you? Visual? Kinetic? Aural? Find out the different considerations you might have as you journey down the road of knitting and crochet skills! Zontee and Michelle talk about different ways and reasons to learn new techniques, skills, and crafts.
We also speak to Patty Lyons, knitting teacher and former director of the Lion Brand Yarn Studio, who shares some insights into process (people who like the journey) versus product (people who like the finished item) crafters.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on LionBrand.com for classes with Craftsy later this year!
Then, we also share an interview with Lion Brand president and CEO, David Blumenthal, who tells a funny story about just how much Lion Brand spokesperson Vanna White loves yarn and crochet.
Patterns shared by our listeners include:
- Cozycouch’s Mother Bear Project Bear (click here for the paid pattern)
- HookinAround’s Celtic Afghan (click here for the free Lion Brand pattern)
- Deebee’s Snow Day Mitts (no photo; click here for the free Lion Brand pattern)
- sealed4ever’s Summer Baby Blanket (pattern from Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman)
Then on Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life, we return to Michelle’s book corner to explore how yarncrafting can factor into your reading. Books discussed include:
- Casting Off by Nicole R. Dickson
- Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik
- While My Pretty One Knits (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries) by Anne Canadeo
- Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry (Crazy Aunt Purl)
- At Knit’s End Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Hooked for Life by Mary Beth Temple
Be sure to check out episode 132 for the first installment of Michelle’s book corner!
We’ll be on hiatus for the next few weeks. Join us again on October 1 for our next episode. In the meantime, you can still leave a message on the blog or email us at yarncraft [at] lionbrand [dot] com! You can also call in and leave a message at 774-452-YARN–that’s 774-452-9276.
Theme music is “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine, from the PodSafe Music Network.
00:11 Intro & welcome
01:26 What’s on Zontee & Michelle’s hooks & needles
08:08 Tips on learning new knit & crochet skills
27:40 Interview with Patty Lyons
33:53 Interview with David Blumenthal
36:14 Stash This: Ideas for Your Crafting Life
43:58 Thanks to our listeners